|[March 28, 2014]
Free VidOn Player Updated for Better User Experience on iOS and Android
HONG KONG --(Business Wire)--
VidOn.me recently updated its free-of-charge VidOn Player for
iPad, iPhone and Android (News - Alert) devices. For those who are not familiar with
this player: it is an omnipotent local player playing videos in any
format, totally free. Read on for more.
* About VidOn Player
For a piece of cost-free software, all it has to do to surpass other
equivalents is deliver on function. VidOn Player does very well with
this. Here is the breakdown of it:
- Directly play videos in any format. And 1080P HD videos are supported.
- Play videos, DVD/Blu-ray files on a PC, with assistance of VidOn
Server on the same PC, in the same WLAN.
- Can play Blu-rays on VidOn Server by title which you can select freely.
- Can connect to home sharing servers like Samba UPnP, and FTP, and
play media on them using mobile devices.
- Can automatically choose hardware decoding or software decoding
according to the media type.
- Hardware can be fully used to get a smoother playback when playing
some HD videos like MKV, AVI, etc.
And the list can go on.
* About the Updates
There are 3 new individual releases for iPad, iPhone (News - Alert) and Android as
v1.7.8 for iPad and v0.3.8 for iPhone:
- Added hardware decoding/encoding function to VidOn Server for a better
- Improved external subtitles function and uthentication access to Samba.
- Fixed most of the problems that the app suddenly closes by accident.
v1.0.0 for Android:
- Added the function that selected audio tracks and subtitles can be
- Improved UI style and the tone.
- Fixed the problem that Samba cannot be logged in with the host name
and the bug that external SDCard of some devices cannot be accessed.
- Other improvements and fixes.
More info and a free download of VidOn Player can be found at: http://vidon.me/vidon_player.htm
VidOn.me provides complete solutions on home entertainment with products
like VidOn Player, VidOn Server, Android
Blu-ray Box, VidOn XBMC and Remote. For more info, please visit: http://vidon.me/
[ Back To Cloud Contact Center's Homepage ]